The 9th of December marks the first public appearance of the first Band within the first Musical Society of Mqabba. It was exactly 75 years ago, in 1945 when the Our Lady of the Lily Band staged a musical program following the entrance of the Statue of Our Lady of the Lily back in the Church on the occasion of the Feast of the Immaculate Conception.
On the 29th of August 1944, the Lily Club was officially recognized as a Band Club, thus officially establishing the first Musical Society in Mqabba. During this anniversary year, special activities and celebrations were planned to commemorate this important event, but due to the current situation, unfortunately, the Our Lady of the Lily Musical Society had to cancel all this. However, we are still proud to look back at the successes and honours that this Band has achieved over the years thanks to our forefathers.
Long live the First Band of Mqabba!
Long live the Our Lady of the Lily Band!