UPDATED with Event Photos.
The various branches within the Madonna tal-Ġilju Musical Society take the opportunity to congratulate Mr. Charles Sacco who on Saturday 16 October 2021 was awarded the honor “Ġieħ l-Imqabba” during an evening with the participation of the Madonna tal-Ġilju Band organized by the Mqabba Local Council, on the occasion of Imqabba Day.
Charles Sacco was born in Mqabba on the first of December 1942. After he got married he moved to Zurrieq but despite this he almost lived a large part of the rest of his life living in Mqabba, as he works as a carpenter in the workshop. of embracing wood with his brother Gilju Sacco.
Charles Sacco is a talented man and in addition to being a professional carpenter, in his youth he spent a lot of time playing guitar with a band Northbeats which at that time was quite popular and together with his peers who knows how much he entertained audiences. artistic and valuable works by Charles Sacco were:
- The Mqabba Lily Artistic Planks (1995); of Santa Marija tal-Gudja (2003), of San Lawrenz tal-Birgu (2006), of San Nikali tas-Siggiewi (2008) and of San Pawl ta ‘Ħal Safi (2011);
- The Bradella of Our Lady of Lourdes of Qrendi (2015);
- Niches in churches – Redeemer in St. Paul’s Bay (2019), in St. Venus (2019), Our Lady of Sorrows in St. Paul’s Bay (2109);
- Organ in the church of St. Duniku in Vittoriosa;
- And he is currently working on the Arch of St. Publius of Floriana.
The Society also congratulates Messrs. Annunziato Mifsud and Ġilju Farrugia who were awarded the Honor of Merit during the same activity.
Well done to everyone.
The Our Lady of the Lily Band is holding the annual musical programme on the occasion of “Jum L-Imqabba” and the “Ġieħ L-Imqabba” award by the Local Council, Saturday 16th October 2021 at 8:00pm in Mqabba Square. More information is obtainable by contacting the Mqabba Local Council office on 21 680622.